Easton Country Day School is a private co-educational school for Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12. Formerly Phoenix Academy, ECDS was founded by educators who wanted the best possible academic and social foundation for their own children. Their vision was a safe and loving learning environment where the values taught at home were echoed and strengthened. Today, we help all our students develop towards their full academic, moral, creative and physical potential in an atmosphere that fosters respect and loving-kindness.
Easton Country Day School promotes excellence in academic achievement in the context of our motto “Responsibility, Integrity, Community – Praxis.” We cultivate mutual respect and kindness in a multicultural environment where we encourage the development of competent, caring, and responsible citizens.
Easton Country Day School has received the following commendations from the State Board of Education. We are commended for:
- Our warm and nurturing environment, both in the physical plant and in the interactions of students and adults
- Our attention to individual academic needs through our integrated studies and multi-age groupings
- Our pro-active commitment to creating and maintaining a multicultural community
- The dedication and efficiency of the Directors, and their commitment to carrying out the mission of the school.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Maintaining small classes where children receive plenty of individual attention (we have an unusually low 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio).
- Employing highly qualified and dedicated teachers whose exceptional skill and empathy allows them to teach by example as well as expertise.
- Vertically integrating studies, and teaching classes with a hands-on, problem solving approach.
Setting and maintaining standards of conduct that promote personal responsibility in an active partnership with parents.
- Attracting a multicultural community full of talents capable of responding to a varied and challenging academic experience.
- Providing a nonsectarian spiritual environment where parents and children are encouraged to honor their own beliefs.
Here at ECDS, parents and teachers work together to raise competent, caring, responsible human beings as we celebrate our differences and encourage each child to strive for personal excellence.
Easton Country Day is accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges.