Physical education at ECDS focuses on building the basics of athleticism – individual confidence and team spirit. Our process promotes endurance, strength, flexibility, balance, and expanding awareness. We start with the fundamentals – running the track efficiently by coordinating our breathing with our stride. We move on to various jumping rope exercises for dexterity, then to manipulating an obstacle course. We do strength work on the rings, balance work on the beams, and endurance work on the track. Our kids do a lot of running! We then hold activities like Capture the Flag to work on teamwork, strategy, perception, and competitive cooperation.
In addition to Physical Education, we also maintain a variety of organized teams. We want our children to find their sport(s) and develop a lifelong love of the game!
- Basketball team: ECDS plays against other small area schools.
- Archery: This old world skill is a favorite!
- Soccer: Intramural soccer is a spring and fall favorite.
- Softball: All children in Grades 3 and up are encouraged to play.
- Tennis: Individual lessons from a world ranked tennis pro are available.
- Track & Field: All children from Grades 1 and up utilize our lovely fields.
We are privileged to have 10 acres with soccer field, softball field, a half mile track, as well as an elaborate